If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

67 R60/2 for sale

Eric Scantlebury

67 R60/2 for sale

Post by Eric Scantlebury »

OK - before I post this, and pictures. Is it ok for me to do this in these forums? I don't see a for sale forum.

Eric Scantlebury

Since there was no formal

Since there was no formal "no" - I'll go ahead and throw up my bike for sale tomorrow at some point, on a new post. Mods - if it's unacceptable for this board please let me know.

Thanks,
Eric

Daves79x

There is a For Sale Section

Post by Daves79x »

If you scroll down on the main menu, there is a For Sale section. But you can post your bike on either place. You've teased us appropriately, now lets see it!

Dave
Dave

Captonzap

I'm with Eric, I do not see a

Post by Captonzap »

I'm with Eric, I do not see a "For Sale " section on the main menu.
I am interested, since I may have the same model for sale next year, and it would be interesting to know what the market thinks it is worth.

CZ

schrader7032

The reason some don't see the

Post by schrader7032 »

The reason some don't see the VBMWMO Club section, which contains the for sale area as well as other special areas, is that you're not a member of the VBMWMO. Read about membership here:

http://vintagebmw.org/v7/VBMWMO_Membership

The policy is generally that things like for sale items were to be only in the Club section, allowing members to reach other members and have more security about selling bikes and parts, also knowing they would go to other like minded enthusiasts...I realize we're all enthusiasts here! It seems that some amount of buying and selling has been going on throughout the forum but I believe that has been allowed since it hasn't gone totally commercial. But if some point is reached where the forum becomes another version of craigslist, then I suspect you'll begin to see some changes.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Connor1

I could be wrong, but if your

Post by Connor1 »

I could be wrong, but if your membership is not current you may not have access to the "For Sale" forum..

Daves79x

Thanks For the Clarification

Post by Daves79x »

Thanks Kurt, for clearing that up. Should have thought of that when I posted. To further the thought, many, if not most forums do frown on someone popping up just to sell a bike or parts. That thought seems not to be prevalent here (at least since I've been a member). As Kurt said, it hasn't been abused and so posting things for sale is generally acceptable, but as noted, would have to be done here, rather than in the For Sale sections if you are not a member. I personally don't care, FWIW, but do understand those that frown on it. The 'enthusiasts' do all the heavy lifting of establishing the forums, participating and contributing what they can to what you can read and research here. (it's been a HUGE help to me)

On other forums/club sites that I frequent, the general thought is that trying to sell a bike to the forum members is not the best way to get top dollar (if that's what you are after). These are knowledgeable, long-term owners that are invested heavily in the brand. Not to say that they won't jump on a 'deal', but that's usually not what the seller is after.

Just my two cents and by all means, proceed.

Dave
Dave

Eric Scantlebury

Thanks all,I did not know

Thanks all,

I did not know about the "membership". I have since joined and will post in the for sale section - which is the proper place. I will also post a photo here pointing to the membership and for sale section for others like me that didn't realize that existed.

Eric

Eric Scantlebury

Bike now up in the For Sale

Bike now up in the For Sale forum. For those who don't see that forum - you need a membership. $30 in the store over there <<<<<

I will post a pic here to show what is offered but the detail will be in the for sale forum.

Thanks,
Eric
Attachments
sidebmw.jpg
sidebmw.jpg (5.63 MiB) Viewed 2432 times

stagewex

Very pretty. What brand are

Post by stagewex »

Very pretty.
What brand are those little bags? Kinda like miniature Enduro bags.
mike wex/stagewex
1969 BMW r60/2, US Model, 1995 BMW K75, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2007 Ural Patrol, 1991 Honda XR250L