If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

HELP - I'm trying to trace my old bike

wortluck

HELP - I'm trying to trace my old bike

Post by wortluck »

Hi All

I'm trying to trace my 1959 R60/1 which I sold to a chap in Southampton around 20 years ago. The reg is 566 RE (previously MSV 454). The bike is of great sentimental value to me and, although it may not be for sale now, it would be good to know whereabouts in the country it is. Obviously, confidentiality is of paramount importance and I would completely understand if the owner wanted to remain anonymous in any communications. The history to the bike is that I discovered it in an old lady's chicken shed in the early 80s and restored it down to the last nut and bolt. At the time, it won a couple of awards, but remained a working bike throughout the time I owned it - it even did a little despatch work around Birmingham in 87-88. I can't tell you how I felt about finding it, it was almost one of those 'once in a lifetime' discoveries, and I can still remember the time I first saw her looking a bit sorry for herself. If anyone can help, I would be really grateful as I'm getting back into bikes after a long lay off for family reasons.