If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

No one know's what seat this is?

5Rs

No one know's what seat this is?

Post by 5Rs »

No one has ever seen this seat? What about the spill bar (crash bar) out of all the people on here and no one can tell me what they are, wow, must be rare!!

c.d.iesel

?? seat ??

Post by c.d.iesel »

got label? , mfg. mark on the under side? inside the hump?

have you looked?

aftermarket cafe' racer seat

it's a nice one - matches the bags
VBMWMO#5514- '64 R27 15K #383851 - '86 R65 22K #6128390 - Retired m/c road racer (1971-2000) - Former M-Benz Star Tech 19 years, BMW auto master tech, BMW bike cert tech 27 years. Now retired to Hillsboro, NH.

f11at125

What that seat is...

Post by f11at125 »

...is fricken' GREAT looking! I'm envious! If you're on the East Coast, come out to Larz Anderson on September 12 and I bet you'll find some folks who know.

5Rs

Okay, I took the right bag

Post by 5Rs »

Okay, I took the right bag off so I can open the seat all the way. From what I can see is a stock seat pan with the foam and cover cut down with the fiberglass cowl bolted to the stock pan. The tail section does have storage in it, you un-do the straps and the center lifts up, front to back. So either a company made this as a add-on or someone had a great idea for a cool looking solo seat.

Bruce Frey

Some where in my archives I

Post by Bruce Frey »

Some where in my archives I have an article on converting an R90S seat from hinged to lift off. It may (or may not) work on yours. If you are interested, I can dig it out. Addendum....in reading other posts, the link to Duanes site that Kurt posted on the R75/5 seat removal thread looks like the same fix.

It is a cool seat!

Bruce

penth2o

It is hard to see the crash

Post by penth2o »

It is hard to see the crash bars without a close-up but I have a set that looks the same.
It looks like those are installed upside down as my black end caps are on the bottom.

Real nice looking bike...

5Rs

Sorry, the crash bars can

Post by 5Rs »

Sorry, the crash bars can only mount one way, they have a brace that bolts to the lower engine mount, they can't mount upside down.