If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Repair of 1956 R69 in Los Angeles area

Allan.Atherton

Post by Allan.Atherton »

I noted him as being in El Segundo now but don't have an address. Contact info is 310-741-8196 and actorshanewoodson@msn.com

Alan Fiske

Rick Monahan's new address

Post by Alan Fiske »

He's now at 936 West Hyde Park Blvd., Inglewood.

That e-mail belongs to a friend and Rick doesn't have one himself, but the 310-741-8196 number is good. He says he's there seven days a week, from 9:00 am until evening (from 10 on Sundays).

Thanks for helping me find him!!

mikerupp

Repairs in LA area

Post by mikerupp »

Check out Irv Seaver motorcycles in Orange- Evan Bell's crew works n vintage BMW's and has expertise with them.

Alan Fiske

Post by Alan Fiske »

Thanks for the tip.
I took my rear drive to Rick two weeks ago to replace all 3 seals, and also got a pair of bonded brake linings. He knows what he's up to, and is very helpful -- he noticed that a front shock had scrape marks which he (correctly) diagnosed as a sign that is was coming unscrewed. In fact, both front forks were unscrewed quite a ways, it turned out. He fixed them quickly. He charges extremely reasonable rates. I recommend him highly.

Allan.Atherton

Re: Repairs in LA area

Post by Allan.Atherton »

Check out Irv Seaver motorcycles in Orange- Evan Bell's crew works n vintage BMW's and has expertise with them. Ten years ago I bought an R60/2 that came through Bell and his crew, and it was a disaster.

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

Can anyone recommend a good repair person/shop for /2s in LA (preferably South Bay)? I do my own maintenance and lots of repairs, but there are somethings I can't really do.

I went looking for Black Kat Motorwerks (Rick Monahan, on Victoria St. in Venice) today, but he moved last year. Is he still in business somewhere? He doesn't answer his phone, though it's still listed in 411.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.