If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

new member intro

c.d.iesel

WELCOME Left Coast from the Right Coast

Post by c.d.iesel »

Welcome aboard Greg. I think you'll be thinning your heard
some to help pay for your new addiction. Mann has not enough hours,
and too many bikes to really give the correct attention to.
Please post some photos of your new love.
Creighton

VBMWMO#5514- '64 R27 15K #383851 - '86 R65 22K #6128390 - Retired m/c road racer (1971-2000) - Former M-Benz Star Tech 19 years, BMW auto master tech, BMW bike cert tech 27 years. Now retired to Hillsboro, NH.

Darryl.Richman

new member intro

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Welcome aboard, Greg! I lived in the Emerald City for 8 years and know well how nice the riding is around Puget Sound and in the Cascades. That's where I put together my 1961 R60/2 and really got the bug for old BMWs. For your general needs I'm sure you'll find workshops in Anacortes and Bellingham that can do the work, and for the specialized things, you will have to do what we all do and that's ship it off to Vech in Mississippi.

Creighton, that's a funny photo! It's the intro of the 1600, but everyone is looking at the Ernst Henne R63 racer!
--Darryl Richman

Allan.Atherton

new member intro

Post by Allan.Atherton »

The photo reminds me of the cobblestones I encountered when I rode my R27 out of the factory that year, and this Colorado color 2002 I got five years later.

jeff dean

new member intro

Post by jeff dean »

Welcome Greg! Get that R69 restored and ride it!

Here I am (blue jacket) with Tim Stafford (red hat), Jim Strang (bare headed), and Craig Littlefield (black shirt) in Tubac, Arizona, last month during a nice club ride for lunch.

[h3]Jeff Dean
Friend of the Marque, Co-Founder VBMWMO (1972)
http://bmwdean.com --- http://bmwdean.com/slash2.htm[/h3]

[img]http://bmwdean.com/r75-200.jpg[/img]

VBMWMO

new member intro

Post by VBMWMO »

My name is Greg and I'm a cycle-holic
I'm joining this list because I'm going to restore a 1960 R69 for next winters project. I'm a pretty good mechanic so I'll do most of my own work but I know from other lists and bike projects how valuable a dedicated group can be in solving problems and answering questions.

I live on San Juan Island north of Seattle and hard on the Canadian border. This makes some jobs a little difficult because we are too small of a community to have full services on many machine and painting jobs. It's an hour and a half boat ride to the mainland so we are a bit isolated but a beautiful place to live.

I taught school here for 29 years so most of what I do is frugal. I'll pay for something if it's good but won't squander money. I currently own a restored 74 R90S, a 78 R100RS, a 96 K1100LT, a 1947 Harley EL, a 78 Honda Goldwing with a sidecar, a 73 Kawasaki 500 triple, a 97 Honda 1100XX Blackbird, and 3 scooters including an 07 Vespa 250GTS. You might say that motorcycles are a large part of what I do for hobby up here. Hope to gewt to know folks as time goes by.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.