If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Latest Vintage Machine

schrader7032

Latest Vintage Machine

Post by schrader7032 »

Just a quick hello...quite a collection of vintage to modern. What was the name of the shop in Ft. Worth?

As for not being able to post pictures, the site allows you to do that as you may have seen other people doing. Generally, what you need to do to post pictures is first find a web hosting utility to first upload your pictures to. Something like flickr, smugmug, snapfish...many are free to join. Once the images (*.jpg) are loaded at those sites, there are quick commands that you embed in your posts so that we either 1) click on a link to go download your image or 2) see the image directly in your post.

So posting requires that you have some place on the web to host your images. That may be your hang up, but there are places to do that without much pain.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

taben6976

Latest Vintage Machine

Post by taben6976 »

Hello Kurt. The bike was restored by Perry's Motorcycles in Fort Worth. I believe he used to work at the local BMW dealer. He's been on his own for awhile. The R60/2 he did has run like a swiss watch for years, so I'm confident about this second purchase. There are a few non-original features...but that doesn't trouble me.

I did note that pictures can be added from a web hosting utility. I've never used those...but I may need to figure it out.

VBMWMO

Latest Vintage Machine

Post by VBMWMO »

Hello...I just purchased my second vintage BMW and wanted to say hello. I read the vintage BMW magazine...but don't believe I have posted before on this site. I currently have a restored '68 R60/2....and just bought a '70 R50/5. I have a variety of other vintage machines ('73 Norton Commando Special, '70 Triumph T100c, & '47 Indian Chief) and my one modern bike is the HP2 Sport. I can't wait to get my 2nd vintage BMW. It does not look like I can post pictures...but it was restored by a good shop in Fort Worth TX, and is a very interesting black/red non-original color.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.