If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Fairing For 75/5 Police Motorcycle???

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

The picture of this police bike also shows up in the book from BMW Mobile Tradition called "Motorcycles from Berlin - 1969 to 1998". The fairing appears to be a Glaeser, probably the SL/5 Monza series...there's a couple of examples on this page.

http://www.rockerboxer.com/glass_2.html

More details are show on this page:

http://www.stephenbottcher.net/fairing/ ... index.html

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Wow! Thanks so much Kurt. Amazing amount of information on this site.

Would you happen to know if Glaesers are still available???

Also, would you happen to know anything about the panniers (look to be metal), and the black plastic radio box????

Thanks again for your help.

Charles
1974 R75/6

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Charles -

It does appear that the panniers are made of metal, utilitarian possibly with a piano hinge that allowed the lid to open to the side. The overall shape of the looks like the old ammo boxes that used to be around. I've never really seen anything like the top box before.

Duane Ausherman has pictures of various saddlebags on his site. Although it's not the same thing, the squareness of the police bags reminds me of Cravens. Here's some pictures of stylish Cravens.

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/craven/index.htm

As for the fairing, I've not heard of it being made anymore. You might look at some of the suppliers from Germany...their websites are listed on this page.

http://www.vintagebmw.org/version6/?q=node/76

Some of the members live in Europe or travel there...maybe they might have some knowledge of somebody who still makes them. My guess is they're only found on auction sites, etc., or swap meets.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Hello All,

An explanation may help. I am a retired motorofficer and am new to the BMW airheads. There is so much to learn. While researching police BMW's I ran across the above model and thought it would be a very cool project including having someone make the POLIZEI decals for the front side of the fairing.

I currently own two BMW's, a R1150RT-P, and a K1200S. I have a chance to buy a 1974 white R75/6 with very low mileage so ergo the idea for the project. I certainly could leave the R75, stock the way it is, but what's the challenge in that??? Perhaps I have bitten off more than I can chew. Thanks for the help in researching this pipe dream project. I will continue to look for the German police parts.

Charles
aka: Motorman
1974 R75/6

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

Hi All,

Just new to this forum and wondered if you might be able to help me identify a fairing. Tamiya produces a 1/6 th model of a R75/5 police (POLIZEI) motorcycle. This model shows a unique style fairing that I have not been able to identify. A friend who is very knowledgeable in airheads believes that it is a Pichler fairing. However, I have been able to locate anything that shows that it is.

If anyone out there could take a look at the model (models for sale on the internet) and identify the manf. and model I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Motorman
Charles
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.