If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Hella Bar End Turn Signals - Bulbs keep burning out

Allan.Atherton

Post by Allan.Atherton »

You could have a pinched wire, cutting the insulation and causing a short. Pull out the signal and see if a wire got pinched when the signal body was tightened. The wire passes through the screw, and tightening the screw can twist the wire and cut into the insulation.
I had this a few years ago, and as I remember, the bulb was not what was burning out, it was the expensive flasher. If I had had a fuse at the battery, it would have saved the flasher, and I added one after that.
The speedo bulb could have a loose connection, or a poor ground from dirt or oxidation in the holder.

haole11

Thanks, fixed it.

Post by haole11 »

Hi Allen,

I did have a pinched wire which caused a short on the throttle side turn signal. It took some time to track down, but its fixed. Thanks for the advice.

Phil

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

My bulbs keep burning out on my bar end turn signals (every ride). My lights are fine, I notice at night the speedometer light flickers. I am thinking this is a voltage regulator issue, but I am not sure (and hence this post). Anyone have ideas on how to trouble shoot this problem?

Thanks All,

Phil
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.