If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

68 R60/2: Lights dim/go out at idle

Munk

Saeled Battery Types

Post by Munk »

Thanks again Darryl.

Do you or anyone else on the list have a preference for a type of sealed battery? I read a positive review of this one:

http://www.batteriesplus.com/p-32644-we ... minal.aspx

Are there others out there that are well thought of?

I am not overly concerned with period correctness. I just got a set of Avon RoadRiders and I am looking forward to trying them out. They do not look period at all and I don't mind one bit if they keep me upright.

Thanks,

S[/code]

VBMWMO

68 R60/2: Lights dim/go out at idle

Post by VBMWMO »

Hi Folks,

I have done some research on this but I could use some expert advice:

The lights on my bike dim and even go out eveytime the engine speed drops down to idle. The red charging light comes on at a certain low engine speed but goes out as the RPMs drop down to idle. I do not have a tach so I can't tell specifically what RPM but, it does come on for a second. Once I get the RPM back up, the lights come back on.

I have replaced the coil with a new, sealed one from Vech. The battery is no more that a year old. Is this a generator problem? Would checking/cleaning the brushes help?

I would appreciate any advice on solving this issue. As we know, the 6V electrics do not produce a great amount of light to begin with and now this is making my visibility even worse.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.