If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

bmw-r12.de

Bruce Frey

bmw-r12.de

Post by Bruce Frey »

You should query the Yahoo Kradrider Group. I know there are members who have experience with Reichenberger.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KRADRI ... d=25164877

Unless it was shipped FEDEX, DHL, etc., two weeks is not a long time from Europe.

Best regards,

Bruce

Darryl.Richman

bmw-r12.de

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Mike, I have used Wolfgang Reichenberger several times and have even visited his shop, which is very near the Austrian border between Munich and Salzburg. Two things you must be aware of, he only speaks German and you will need to pay via a wire, or some other way to get cash euros to him.

This is very inconvenient for Americans, but is the way the Germans work most of the time. Same thing when ordering from Dreher, for example.

Some of the people on the Kradrider list seem to have had disagreements with him, but I've never had a problem. Unless he's on holiday (it's a one man shop), which is possible this time of year, I usually get an email reply from him in a couple days when I send a query.

Typically it takes a month to 6 weeks for things from Germany to show up, I'm not sure if that's the Deutshe Post or US Customs, but I suspect it's the former as I've gotten stuff from Poland in 3 weeks. Deutsche Post is owned by DHL, which a friend says the Germans understand to mean "dauert halt laenger" or, the hold lasts longer. ;-)

Good luck!
--Darryl Richman

BMWR12

bmw-r12.de

Post by BMWR12 »

Ok I understand. I sent paypal to him. On like 6/21 and he didnt ship until 7/2. He takes paypal for a extra 4% . I need the parts that he is sending.Brake pedals seem really hard to comeby. I may need some internal brake parts from him to finish my first r12 and start my second one. It hurts me everyday to see my R12's just sitting there helpless. Anyway I ordered a front seat assembly and some other parts from Poland and they were here in a week or less and they came through the mail. I guess next time ask for better shipping? Thanks Mike

BMWR12

bmw-r12.de

Post by BMWR12 »

I recieved the pedal today it shipped on the 3rd according to the label and came today. The only complaint I would have is the pricey shipping with such along wait.

Bruce Frey

bmw-r12.de

Post by Bruce Frey »

Look on the bright side..........and count your blessings.

If you lived in the EU, you would have probably received it faster, but you would have paid VAT (19% in Germany, I believe).

I just had the 'Walzentacho' speedometer from my R12 repaired by a fellow in Switzerland. He shipped it back to me by the equivalent of Express Mail. It went from his town to the Swiss border in one day, then it took Post Italia 2 months to deliver it to me in Milan. I think it got delayed in Customs while they figured out what to charge for a repair to a vintage motorcycle speedometer. Packages from Huggett usually arrive in Milan promptly, but require a trip to the post office (which makes you really appreciate the USPS) to pay the VAT and collect the package.

Because of VAT, it is usually cheaper for me to have Huggett shipments sent to me in the USA than in Italy.

Best regards,

Bruce

VBMWMO

bmw-r12.de

Post by VBMWMO »

Has anyone every ordered parts from this guy? I am waiting over 2 weeks now to get my brake pedal from him for my R12. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.