If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

help with german terms

Bruce Frey

help with german terms

Post by Bruce Frey »

All of my Ersatzteillistes with expanded carb drawings call it a "Tupfer".

The LEO online dictionary (very good, by the way) translates it as a "dabber," "pad," or "positioning pin". Tupfen means "to dab."

The same thing happened to me once with my R6. Very annoying. I rode my bicycle back and forth over the area where I lost it (about 2km) a few times looking for it with no luck. I was able to fabricate an interim one from hardware store material.

good luck,

Bruce

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

Try John Parker at ukcarbs@hotmail.com he supplies all parts for British AMALs they should fit REgards Peter G

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

OOOpps sorrry he is in Australia ....

Barry Robin

help with german terms

Post by Barry Robin »

thanks guys! i've now got a lead or two, and even know the german for tickler...:)

too bad one of us out there simply doesn't have a spare bunch of parts!

-b

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

:D Some of us do have a bunch of spare parts , I for one keep numerous pairs of new carbs in stock,for my pre war and post war bikes along with parts floats needles jets etc.....

Barry Robin

help with german terms

Post by Barry Robin »

extra spares? o.k., now you're just showing off! gee, thanks for reminding me that i wasted my formative years not stocking up on all the bits and bobs that i knew would come back to bite me in the butt...

soooo....wanna sell off a tickler?:)

-b

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

Robin
now you're just showing off!

Yes your right sorry,.... :oops:

It was a bit naughty, but I havent just bought these parts years ago I buy extras as I need them just in case I go on a rally and something gives. I also lost a tickler from my 1927 Triumph the same way...

Yes I could sell you a tickler, but then you would probably have some hassel paying for it because of international exchange rates and I dont have visa or master card because im not in business, so you would have to get an international money order which would be worth more that the part.... then I would have to spend a hour and a half packaging and going down to the local Post office filling out a customs declaration insuring it etc....

and then I would have to go and order more parts for myself to put back in stock.... :D makes a lot of sense

With respect there are a number of dealers out there who are geared up to take your money , just order one from them :mrgreen:

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

OOOPpps Sorry Barry! not robin?

Barry Robin

help with german terms

Post by Barry Robin »

not to worry. barry. robin; i answer to most anything...

i'm especially fond of "hey you!".

pragmatic little bugger, aren't i?

-b

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

Hey Baza here is a complete bowl and float for you , so I have been looking at least :D

http://classicdepartment.com/shop/produ ... fe0176c12a