If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R51/2 - rocket arm washer

Goro F

R51/2 - rocket arm washer

Post by Goro F »

hello
i did the adjustment of valves clearance according to owner manual

I noticed that also the axial clearance of the rocket arms vary a lot. Especially one (enclosed the picture)

I see there are available different washer tickness from 1.7 to 2.1 mm to compensate. Is there anybobody which knows how much shall be the axial clearance of exaust and intake rocket arm?

thx for info
Attachments
foto valvole.jpg

Slash2

Re: R51/2 - rocket arm washer

Post by Slash2 »

Wow that end play looks massive. I don’t know if there’s a spec but you want very little play. I just like to see slight oil squish with I pull up/down but zero click if that makes sense. I don’t have a 51/2 but if you loosen your rocker bolts you should be able to tighten that up with a clamp and a few sockets.
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

Slash2rider

Post by Slash2rider »

And rockers after adjustments have to turn freely all the way you need to loose valve adjustment screws to check when tightening.

Goro F

Post by Goro F »

thx for the replies

yes, I was also thinking to clamp the two supporting brackets to reduce the clearance, but then I look at the exploded view.

If i m not wrong, there are two machined slots on the bearing bolt which engage the two stud bolts. Is there enough clearance between these slots and the stud bolts to make the adjustment?

I can try anyhow if works
Attachments
Immagine 2024-04-15 104855.jpg