If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Transferring of emails to the forums

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"James Wonder"

Transferring of emails to the forums

Post by "James Wonder" »

All,

I just wanted to send an update that I am well on my way to creating a program to transfer all the emails from groups.io to the forums. This is something that many phpBB administrators/users have asked for, and have tried, but there is no way of doing it right now. When I am done with my program I will likely give the code to the phpBB community so others can use it.

I am past 80% done, and working on the harder aspects of the loading/display right now. Once I think I am almost done I will send a link to the test site for everyone to check out before I move it to the live vintagebmw.org site.

A question I would have is; there are 51,977 messages in the R90 Worldnet. I believe I should make a read-only forum on the vintagebmw.org site specifically for the archive of the Worldnet and leave the other R90S forum in place as the active one going forward. I think this would be cleaner and it would not preclude anyone from searching the WHOLE forum including the email from the world net and all the posts from the existing R90S forum on the vintage site now.

Thoughts are welcome!

Best,

James

"Dennis Grossman"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Transferring of emails to the forums

Post by "Dennis Grossman" »

James
This sounds very logical and practical to me.
Thanks for your work on this,
Denny

"James Marciano"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Transferring of emails to the forums

Post by "James Marciano" »

Makes sense! Thanks for all your work on this.