If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Proposal to the Members of the R90sWorldnet

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"Peter McMahon"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Proposal to the Members of the R90sWorldnet

Post by "Peter McMahon" »

I did not respond to the posted question because I didn’t see it, I only visit the R90S Club website occasionally even though it is the #2 listed bookmark on my iPad.

I’m a member of the Airheads and Vintage clubs as well as the MOA. The MOA does not interest me much at all as the newer bikes don’t interest me. I’m a member pretty much to get the roadside coverage.

This list has been a huge help to me but with that said it’s awkward to read and respond to in its format. This has been brought up before with all the pros and cons. I don’t mind it but I’m old and a long time Airhead rider. Im guessing new or young riders wouldn’t even bother to look at it in this format. I greatly appreciate it…just saying.

I’m all for combining all of the various lists, clubs, etc., into one. I believe this is the best chance for the survival and growth of vintage and classic BMW’s. Encompass all one and two cylinder BMW’s up to 1995. For a number of reasons. So many of us are members of at least 2 out of 3 organizations, there’s a lot of overlap, and by combining resources and energy a single entity should be far better than a few smaller ones.

I’m scrambling to keep up with social media like many from my generation. But that is where the younger riders go and as far as R90S bikes, vintage Airheads, etc., the sites that support these bikes are fairly out of date. It seems to me if vintage BMWs are going to thrive, this segment of bikes need a serious modern PR campaign.

I also believe how the tech info is displayed and accessed needs a serious updating. With all respect I believe Snowbum’s site can be compared to the book Zen and the Art of M/C Maintenance in that I firmly believe only two people have ever read either one all the way through.. the authors and maybe one other person. No way a 30 something rider who just found an Airhead to restore would spend 5 minutes on that site.

We have one of the best vintage brands of m/c’s to enjoy. And with all the independent suppliers, YouTube videos, prices falling, and even our own podcast we maybe entering the Golden Age for Airhead motorcycle ownership. Is this a good time to look at restructuring?

Peter McMahon
1976 R90S
1977 R100S
1983 R80ST