If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

HEINRICH TANK

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
oranger90rs@yahoo.com

HEINRICH TANK

Post by oranger90rs@yahoo.com »

My friend has an 8 gallon Heinrich tank for sale. Currently Henna Red matching R65LS. Cap and petcocks included. One little damage site - see photo. No roundels or knee pads.

Attachments
rQ7X.1690488409586467340.FR3e_IMG_4400.jpeg

"Kirk Lee"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] HEINRICH TANK

Post by "Kirk Lee" »

price for this tank?
Attachments
897513621.3427149.1690491318875_IMG_4400.jpeg

"Todd Trumbore"

Post by "Todd Trumbore" »

Kirk,Metal or Fiberglass? It appears to be metal and if so, it's worth much more. It also appears to be a genuine Heinrich and not a knock-off....a big plus.This tank is designed primarily for a R80G/S. Make sure it fits your bike first and foremost!!Not all models have the same clearance under the tank. If all is good....What's it worth?Is the inside rust free? Are the threads for the petcocks clean & not crossed? Generally Heinrich tanks are still in high demand, this particular model, not as much, because it doesn't have the tool compartment, but it does have the advantage of being able to swing open your saddle without taking off your tank.The laws of supply & demand and whatever the market will bear at the moment, still apply.Right now, the market is soft. Since this one just so happens to be the color you are looking for, that is a big plus for you, because having to paint it, will not be cheap. I would put the range on this one between $1000-$1500 without seeing it close up in person. BUT....make sure it fits without any interference!!  Note: Some Heinrich tanks have sold north of $2500 in the past. Also use the much larger BMW automotive style badges on these fuel tanks. They look much more appropriate.  Look them up on line or at your local dealer's parts book.  I have a good part #, but don't have access at the moment. You want the largest badge available.  The one you want will be cast aluminum, hollowed out on the underside, which you fill in with Bondo or JB Weld, sand to contour and then use a strong adhesive.  I've used different adhesives in the past even contact cement, but today's modern RTV Silicone adhesives such as Permatex 80050 clear would probably be a better choice.You do NOT want to use the plastic stick on badges....well, not me anyway!Good luck!Just my 2 cents.Regards,ToddSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Attachments
1586965090.167071.1690497576381_IMG_4401.jpeg

oranger90rs@yahoo.com

Re: HEINRICH TANK

All of Tod’s comments are spot-on. This is a metal tank all clean on the inside. Mark has a very reasonable price for the tank. Call Mark at +1 (412) 585-7092.

thank you
Paul Bates

oranger90rs@yahoo.com

Re: HEINRICH TANK

Anyone interested?

"Gayle Murphy"

Post by "Gayle Murphy" »

"Kirk Lee"

Post by "Kirk Lee" »