If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Selling my R90S Silver Smoke

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
snair4337@gmail.com

Selling my R90S Silver Smoke

Post by snair4337@gmail.com »

I had advertised my 1976 R90S for sale in the local (Manitoba) sites and Facebook Marketplace with no bites. I had tried Bring a Trailer but they did not wish to do it with a reserve, so I declined. At this point I'm thinking about keeping and customizing mostly by reducing it's weight and modernizing it. I know some of you might find that unthinkable but I don't think I have much of a choice other than selling it for about $5,000 and buying an F800ST or F800R.

Some of the mods I'm thinking about are lightened flywheel, replacing the charging system and battery. I would appreciate any suggestions from the group.

Thanks.

"Todd Trumbore"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Selling my R90S Silver Smoke

Post by "Todd Trumbore" »

Why don't you post some photos with a complete description and all pertinent details and advertise on this site.A perfectly fine venue I would say.BTW, nothing wrong with lightening the flywheel or upgrading the charging system. Those are common modifications or improvements and have no effect on the stock appearance of your bike.Let's see what you have before you start getting too carried away on one of the classics.Regards,ToddSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

snair4337@gmail.com

Re: Selling my R90S Silver Smoke

Post by snair4337@gmail.com »

Here are some pictures. And here's the ad on kijiji Manitoba. Price I quoted was $10K Canadian (about $7.5K US)

Description
-----------

PRICE REDUCTION! Finally decided to let my R90S go. It runs well and is clean with triple matching numbers. Not concourse by any means but is in good condition for a bike that is about 47 years old.

Tires are quite new, seat foam and cover is new. Spiegler SS brake lines, stainless headers, e-z clutch and a few other minor upgrades. Pictures will show a couple of small dents on the exhaust pipes and pitted gas cap. Otherwise it shows the patina of age.

A bunch of spares to go with it and Krauser bags and that are not in great condition. It is an excellent candidate for a full restoration but should be a good rider as is.

Asking $10,000 or best offer. Need to sell for sure.

Attachments
3920.1690254835517699025_IMG_4028.jpg

"William F. Dudley Jr."

Re: Selling my R90S Silver Smoke

Post by "William F. Dudley Jr." »

A good mod is to replace the stock master cylinder with a 14mm from an R90/6,
and replace the brake calipers with 40mm ATE from a 77 or later /7.  This will give you
a more favorable mechanical advantage.  If you paint the later calipers black they
look stock, so the entire modification does not detract from the bike's value.

More details here: https://www.r90s.info/Articles/upgrade_brakes.html

Bill Dudley
75 R90S
NJ Airmarshal
www.r90s.info

"James Marciano"

Post by "James Marciano" »

For what it's worth, I'm with Todd. He helped me buy my '75 R90S two years
ago (paid $14k for it), and then I put another $5k into it to modernize it
a bit (upgraded brake lines, e-z clutch, electronic ignition) and a bunch
of maintenance stuff (it had been sitting for a few years). It's for sure
still an old bike, but that's what makes it fun!

"James Wiseman"

Post by "James Wiseman" »

Good advice, Todd. I'm still riding mine.