If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

SOLD...Joe's K100/EML GT

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"Todd Trumbore"

SOLD...Joe's K100/EML GT

Post by "Todd Trumbore" »

Joe Dille’s 86 K100/EML GT Sidecar Rig SOLD on Sunday.

Jim, the new owner is from NY State; Joe was originally from White Plains, NY

Jim is a mechanical engineer; Joe was a mechanical engineer

Jim is a pilot; Joe was a pilot

Jim has airhead BMWs, a R90S clone and sidecars; Joe had airhead BMWs, a real R90S and sidecars

I think it went to a good home….all parties seemed very pleased. There’s a good chance I will be delivering the bike to the new owner in Ithaca, NY. Jim said if I ride the rig to Ithaca, he would fly me home to Harleysville. I told him he had a deal and he doesn’t even have to land the plane, just provide me with a parachute…it’s been a few years, but it just like riding a bike.

Thanks to everyone involved, there were about 12 parties interested in the sidecar, If Jim decided not to buy, there was another party from MD, who was ready to ride up on Sunday, immediately after Jim left. It was a solid rig, Joe, Patti, the kids and dogs enjoyed it very much and Patti has many fond memories. I think the new owner will do the same for many years to come….let’s hope so.

If you have the time, please read the attached article above regarding what went into the decision to build an EML rig and all that was involved. Patti forwarded that to me last week and I really enjoyed reading the article. Hard to believe, but Joe states that he had over 200 hours building and attaching the sidecar to his new 86 K100. It’s a really good story, I hope you enjoy reading.

Todd

P.S. Big thank you to Bill Dudley for hosting and administering the Airhead mail lists and for forwarding this particular posting to the NY Airheads, which I neglected to do….Thanks Bill, hope you plan to attend our VBMWMO FALL RALLY. 30 Sept. -3 October, much more info, stay tuned everyone.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus