If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Looking for Front Fender

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"rah1963_2002"

Looking for Front Fender

Post by "rah1963_2002" »

Hi,
Hope I'm allowed to post this here. I'm looking for a front fender for my 1975 R90S with part number ending in 33 for Daytona Orange bike. Thanks iin advance for any help.

Richard.

"Dennis O'Dell"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Looking for Front Fender

Post by "Dennis O'Dell" »

Hi Richard,
I can offer two suggestions, but I assume you are in the U.S. so they may not be practical.

S. Meyer, in Germany, has NOS parts, including the front fender you are looking for.

https://www.meyer-bikes.de/index.php?pa ... 6611234933

I also have a spare front fender in Daytona Orange, but it is used. There is a small scratch that a previous owner covered with a small sticker. It does not look too terribly bad, and the paint is overall fine. However, I am in Germany and I am willing to ship it, but I have no idea on the cost of shipping.

If you have any interest in following up with me please feel free to send me an email off list.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With best regards,

Dennis C. O'Dell
denniscodell@icloud.com
Nürnberg, Germany

"Laughter and Tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to Laugh since there is less to do afterwards."
- Kurt Vonnegut

rockersbmw@gmail.com

Post by rockersbmw@gmail.com »

Richard

Try looking for one from BMW Classic in Germany…I’ll bet they can get you a new one. Your dealer maybe able to get one thru BMW Classic.

https://shop.bmw-classic.de/motorrad-cl ... index.html

Bob Alexander

"Lars Hens"

Post by "Lars Hens" »

A point of clarification - I do not believe that S. Meyer’s DO and SS parts are NOS. That being said, I got an excellent newly painted DO fender and seat cowling from him a couple of years ago.

Lars Hens

"Dennis O'Dell"

Lars,
That is true. However, he does have some NOS items. Some (many) are aftermarket and Herr Meyer has had them painted. After relooking at the DO Fender shown and the description “Kotflügel vorn daytona orange R90S neu lackiert, liniert” (Fender front 90S new paint hand made stripes) I think you are correct one this one — not NOS, but a quality aftermarket item. As you mentioned, his items are excellent — at least that’s been my experience as well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With best regards,

Dennis C. O'Dell
denniscodell@icloud.com
Mobile: +49 (175) 855 6663
Home: +49 911 277 45370
Hochstrasse 19
Nürnberg 90429
Germany

"Laughter and Tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to Laugh since there is less to do afterwards."
- Kurt Vonnegut

"adriannurney"

Post by "adriannurney" »

I wouldn't expect an original Daytona orange item will match your paint, usually you have to paint the lot to get it spot on.Adrian (75 D/O)Sent from my Galaxy

"rah1963_2002"

Re: Looking for Front Fender

Post by "rah1963_2002" »

Hi Dennis

I'd be interested in your spare front fender if the part number ends in 933. The paint condition is not  important as the bodywork set I have will need to be painted anyway. Can you confirm the part number cast into the fender (photo?) and the price you're asking?

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

"rah1963_2002"

Re: Looking for Front Fender

Post by "rah1963_2002" »

Hi Adrian

You're right about the color match. I am planning to have my bodywork set repainted once I find the front fender I'm looking for.

Richard.

rockersbmw@gmail.com

Post by rockersbmw@gmail.com »

Rich

The previous owner of my DO R90S, told me 3 years ago, that he bought a new tank, fairing, and fender from BMW, as he determined that was cheaper than paying for a new paint job

Bob

"Dennis O'Dell"

Hi Richard,
The fender is up in the rafters of the workshop, so I’ll need to go dig it out. Bear with me. It might be a couple of days before that happens. We’re having a lovely bit of crapy winter weather with heavy snow. My workshop is 25 km away, so I might wait for the roads to get better.

Regarding the part number. I know the DO paint fender ends with 933 (46 61 1234933), but I’m a little confused, as I’ve never looked before… is it actually cast into the fender, or is the number stamped into the fender?

Regarding the price, let me dig it out and confirm it’s what you want first.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,

Dennis C. O'Dell
Hochstrasse 19
90429 Nürnberg
Germany
denniscodell@icloud.com
Mobile: +49 175 855 6663
Home: +49 911 277 45370
Blog: http://www.diggersmotorradadventures.com/

"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers."
— Probably not Socrates