If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Salem Oregon techday

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
gln44

Salem Oregon techday

Post by gln44 »

Airheads, mark your calendars for November 26, 2016!

Tom's No Turkey Tech Day!

Once again we will meet in my garage the alley behind my house. Camaraderie, suds, wrenching and pork products! Need I say more?

Bring your Airheads and we will evoke the power of the faithful to perform maintenance and repairs. One bike lift will be available. As will be an air compressor and a fair assortment of tools. Bring needed spare parts. Opinions will be frikkin' everywhere.

We will be graced by members of the Oregon Trail Chapter on the Antique Motorcycle Club of America. I am an active member of both organizations. I believe this will be a harmonious encounter, as our beloved Airhead BMWs are sliding helter skelter into the antique category. We're all good folks with a lot in common. Let's hope they can wrangle some of their sweet old crocks to the garage.

I will provide my signature pulled pork of the gods and some beverages. This being a proper pot luck, participants are encouraged to bring side dishes, supplemental beverages, chips-like substances, random goodies and desserty delights.

I live on 1615 Court Street NW in Salem, but the action will be in my alley garage. My alley is west off of 17th, between Court and Chemeketa Streets. The entrance of the alley is between the Court Street Christian Church and their parking lot. You can't miss it!

>From I-5 north exit right onto Market Street, and turn left off Market at the light on 17th.

>From I-5 south exit left onto Mission Street/Hwy 22. Turn right on 17th.

>From Hwy 22 east, 22 becomes concurrent with Mission St. Turn right on 17th.

>From Hwy 22 west, once over the bridge into Salem, continue straight forward and you'll be on Center Street. Stay the course, through downtown and across the tracks. Turn right on 17th.

We begin in earnest around 10 am, end whenever. Early birds and birdettes are welcome to join the notoriously inglorious Ugly Mugs Motorcycle Gang at the SE corner of Sybil's Omelettes, 2373 State Street, for an 8 am breakfast. Sybil's is about a three minute ride from my garage.

Questions or concerns? Raunchy jokes? Phone me at 503-881-1699, or email chiefrider1953@hotmail.com.

All the best!

Tom

Garry in Oregon
gln44@aol.com