If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

What's up in Australia in February 2024 ?

Opa Geuder

What's up in Australia in February 2024 ?

Post by Opa Geuder »

G'day,
just booked flights for another vacation down under. Will spend February 2024 in the southeast regions of Australia.
But February appears to be a bad choice with regards to swap markets and vintage motorcycle events. Before the pandemic, we (my lady and myself) visited swap markets in Bendigo and Hahndorf and the museum in barossa valley, but not much seems to go on during our visit this time in February. As an option, we might consider a side trip to NZ.
Special interest is in vintage motorcycles and airplanes, owning 8 BMWs and 10 other brands.
Any hints are welcome that indicate interesting activities and events that we might want to visit during our stay.
Also, a visit to private collections might be an option.
Kind regards "Opa"

mike malli

Re: What's up in Australia in February 2024 ?

Post by mike malli »

Not so fast young man. There is the Toowoomba Swap Meet on the 3/4th of February 2024 in Toowoomba. It is a huge swap meet, one of the biggest in Australia. Apart from a lot of junk you can buy a lot of rubbish and old stuff. And amongst it a jewel or two. Than there is the Cob & Co Museum in Toowoomba, too and there is at least three good motorcycle museums between Toowoomba and Brisbane. And the Opal Museum in Brisbane directly. So there is plenty to see here.

Regards

Mike

Opa Geuder

Post by Opa Geuder »

Thank you, Mike.
Unfortunately, we will arrive in Melbourne on February 2nd. Going 1500 kilometers on the next day with some jetlag is not what I have in mind.
But anyway, will look out for those other attractions that you have mentioned.
Thanks again
"Opa"

malmac

Post by malmac »

mike malli wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:57 pm
Not so fast young man. There is the Toowoomba Swap Meet on the 3/4th of February 2024 in Toowoomba. It is a huge swap meet, one of the biggest in Australia. Apart from a lot of junk you can buy a lot of rubbish and old stuff. And amongst it a jewel or two. Than there is the Cob & Co Museum in Toowoomba, too and there is at least three good motorcycle museums between Toowoomba and Brisbane. And the Opal Museum in Brisbane directly. So there is plenty to see here.

Regards

Mike
Mike are you based in Toowoomba? I live in Toowoomba and I dont think I know you?

Mal McIlwraith
Harristown.
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia