If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Low oil pressure - im looking for clues

SDCR

Re: Low oil pressure - im looking for clues

Post by SDCR »

+1 for the possibility that generator Light is illuminating, and not the oil.

Another thought, I’ve read that the early oil filters for airheads, had a white O ring, that if installed improperly, could cause an oil starvation issue.

Not certain of the specifics, as I expect p also new to airheads, and working through some motor teething issues currently.
1983 R100
2000 R1100

jnclem

Post by jnclem »

schrader7032 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:27 pm
I checked my /7 repair manual from BMW thinking it might have something, but I don't see anything about the oil pressure relieve valve. Typically, the repair manual is for the BMW-trained mechanic where the "typical" or "usual" stuff was covered in tech school.

I see you posted on the MOA forum. That's good. Hopefully someone like Anton Largiader will see it and offer some advice. :!:
Thank you. There were two individuals who posted on this thread some time ago that had apparently done this before. I’m hoping they are still around. Anton would be great of course.

jnclem

Post by jnclem »

I finally got the stud out after several sessions of heating and spraying with PB Blaster. The new spring measures 1.4mm longer than the old one, and feels stronger. Hopefully this was part my oil pressure issue.

srankin

Post by srankin »

Glad things worked out for you, remember to let us know how you make out, I am interested. St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS