If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R5 and R51 value...?

Bruce Frey

R5 and R51 value...?

Post by Bruce Frey »

Last year at Veterama a restored R6 was offered for ±€12,000 and a restored 1936 R5 was offered for ±€18,000. At Ludwigshafen in April an R66 PROJECT (although very complete) was offered for €20,000.

I do not know if they sold at those prices nor can I comment on the quality of the restoration. I know the R5 was purchased by a Swiss trader and re-offered and at a significatly higher price. Again, I do not know what the actual selling prices are.

When there is too much money pursuing too little product, inflation results. Prewar BMW seem to be gaining stature as collectables. I believe the value of my R12 has almost doubled in 3 years. It may make up for other bikes that I may have bought "too early" (please note that I did not say I that I paid too much for them;-)

Ciao,

Bruce

VBMWMO

R5 and R51 value...?

Post by VBMWMO »

Hi!

My friend here in Norway owns a few old prewar Bmw bikes.
Now he want to sell one of then to realize other projects. Two biks is relevant for sale.

- 1936 Bmw R5 restored two years ago. Very good condition and with matching numbers. Original.

- 1939 Bmw R51 restored 10 years ago, but as good as the R5. Matching numbers and original.

Both bikes runs perfect.

Now he wonder what's the value, or what should be the price he want for each bike?
What could he expect if he sell the bikes in the states?

Regards,
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.