If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

help with german terms

Barry Robin

help with german terms

Post by Barry Robin »

a good find, that-thanks for looking after me! i wrote in to them to inquire about it; i'll see what they say...

and: calling me bazza was quite the blast from the past...haven't been called that for years. i think i'm having an acid flashback...

-b

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

Well Baza did you get the float bowl . did ya did ya :P

Barry Robin

help with german terms

Post by Barry Robin »

sure did. but the price was enough to harsh my mello!

you know, with all the people rebuilding bing carbs, i'm suprised that i can't find even one person who rebuilds the prewar R12 carbs-considering that they made about 15,000 of them.

-b

bmwmyplace

help with german terms

Post by bmwmyplace »

well I guess that if it were me, if I had to spend money on restoring a carb I would not put it into a SUM but rather find some vertical flange Brit Amals and use them, better performance and more spares available , but thats just me :?

Darryl.Richman

help with german terms

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I was able to get spare parts for my Sum from Wolfgang Reichenberger. Our local (SF Bay Area) BMW guru made a new slide for me out of brass.

There's also an article in the just-mailed VBMWMO magazine about Triton Machining in Canada that does sleeving and repair work on carbs.
--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

help with german terms

Post by VBMWMO »

hi all-

anybody know the german word for what we call the "tickler"-the spring-loaded push on a carb to enrich the mixture?

the tickler on my prewar sum carb went BOING...lost the whole shaft, spring and knob somewhere on the road to dun laoghaire.
there's a guy on german ebay who sells repop R62 carbs and i need to know how to ask for the part (i'm assuming that most any prewar tickler will fit); in fact, i supose i need to ask for the whole assembly complete. however the seller seems not to have any english.

can anyone help out on translating? (or know a source to get it elsewhere?)

-barry
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.