If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R 12 front stand

Darryl.Richman

R 12 front stand

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Peter, I bought a new front stand AND clip (and a clip for the main stand, as well) for my R12 from Wolfgang Reichenberger. The pieces look good, but the bike is apart right now and I haven't had a chance to try it out.

I'll try to report back when I get the R12 together, hopefully later this summer. (But then, I thought I was going to have it together last fall...)
--Darryl Richman

Bruce Frey

R 12 front stand

Post by Bruce Frey »

Hello Peter,

There is a picture somewhere on the web...perhaps Dreher's site.

It is a spring steel clip. The material is 1.5mm and it tapers in width from about 25mm to about 15mm just where it makes the radius at the bottom

It has a curved section that engages and holds the front stand in a horizontal position.

I replied to your post on the Kradrider site and attached some pix in my reply. A picture is worth much more than a thousand of my words.

Best regards,

Bruce

VBMWMO

R 12 front stand

Post by VBMWMO »

Gentlemen, I bought a Polish front stand which seems to fit Ok and is very usefull for changing the front wheel, however it did not come with a retaining clip, does any one have one that I could get some dimentions off. even just a verbal one would do.

I have two clips that I thought were correct but they are not long enough. If I put them back to back and then bolt an extention of say 20mm onto one end they work ok. It would be nice to get it right ... Regards Peter
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.