If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Restoring #163

All about BMW in racing can be discussed. Sharing of pictures, and other information.
Ericandchi

Re: Restoring #163

Post by Ericandchi »

John,
If you are restoring one of the bikes, how about building a separate thread and posting pics there. Since Steve and Reg's bikes are already restored, I'm guessing you have the Gary Fisher bike.

johnlacko

Post by johnlacko »

Eric, yes I think that’s a good idea - I will. Sorry if I got too far off topic answering a question to my question. We’re all learning a lot here though🙂

From the background story that your father told me, and checking specific details of the build, I am about 95% certain that I have the Fisher bike. The VIN is about 40 numbers before the #163 bike, so it’s also the right era. Someone else out there is said to have the Fisher bike, but the exact age and details are not known. There are also conflicting stories about it, and reaching out to the current owner got no reply. So for the moment I keep an open mind.

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

For John L.
I found this pic while looking through files. Not sure it's what you were looking for, but it is another view of the oil cooler plate with the case on stand.

Oil cooler plate
Oil cooler plate

johnlacko

Post by johnlacko »

Thanks Eric! I hope to see the bike in person someday if BMW North America brings it out for display. Perhaps next year for the 100th Anniversary celebrations.