If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Veterama April 22-26 Ludwigshafen

Bruce Frey

Post by Bruce Frey »

I finally got around to sorting my Veterama pix. You can see them here:http://www.flickr.com/photos/9754854@N07/sets/

If you wanted to see a diverse collection of old bikes, this was a great Veterama, although I thought it was a bit light on parts. Fehrenbach had a massive amount of eye candy.

To find Unobtainium, I still recommend a Friday arrival, however many vendors arrive very late and many of those who arrive and set up early will throw a tarp over their table and go visit friends and drink beer, which is a bit frustrating. The R66 which was there one Friday was gone Saturday AM. Some other bikes sold on Friday, too.

The Ace is the first bike I would consider parking in my living room! I was also strangely drawn to the Gnome et Rhone, the little Jawa and the Horex V twin (I did not know there was such a bike). My wife will kill me if I start bringing home more projects.

My treasure for the trip was an €8 Victoria tire repair kit tin that is almost an exact match for the one shown in the 1935 R12-R17 Ersatzteilliste.

Enjoy the pix.

Cheers,

Bruce

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Thanks, Bruce...one of these years!! I'd say you were fascinated with Zundapp...you took quite a few pictures of those bikes... :lol:

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

Anyone attending? If so, want to meet?

Bruce
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.