If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Starter not working?

VBMWMO

Starter not working?

Post by VBMWMO »

My bike a 1971 75/5 I have had it for about four months this is the first bike I have owned and I know very little about them.

So here is the deal when I push the button to activate the starter nothing happens all I hear is a click. I believe the click is coming from the right side I tried to track it down I do know it is coming from under the gas tank though. Now I believe the battery is all charged up since I just removed it from the charger and the charger light said it was all charged up however like I said I have only had the bike four months and I am not sure how old the battery is. Also all the lights come on when I put the key in, the horn works as does the headlight and turn indicators. I did manage to kick start it after many minutes trying.

So I guess what I am wondering is where should I start with trying to trouble shoot the problem bare in mind I have very limited knowledge of motorcycles I do own the Clymer book so I suppose I could figure out what people are talking about

So please someone help me out
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.