If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Purchasing Uesd Parts on eBay

jeff652

Purchasing Uesd Parts on eBay

Post by jeff652 »

As most of us, I have sourced several badly needed parts from eBay with considerable success...until lately.

My gas tank came from a vendor named "2010ns" in California. The transaction was slow, but it went through and the tank is stellar. This vendor requires checks only, no cards or PayPal so my check had to clear. No biggie. Last month, I won an auction of "2010ns" for an original horn for my R75/6. I mailed my check and it never arrived in California (Thank you USPS) nor has it been returned. He placed a non-payment complaint on my account. I offered to stop payment and FedEx another payment. This was his exact reply:

Dear shobud4,

It's probably best if you stop payment the check and wait for 2 weeks as I am going out of town until the 25th. When I get back I will contact you and we can proceed then. Thanks.

- 2010ns

Today, he responded to my second message about sending payment and he informed me the horn was not available and he was not responsible for my check not arriving (duh). Now my once perfect eBay account is blighted, he failed to honor his word and I can do nothing about it. Avoid this seller like the plague.
1974 R75/6

jeff652

And is latest reply, just

Post by jeff652 »

And his latest reply, just received:

Dear shobud4,

sorry the horn was sold without my knowledge when I went out of town.

- 2010ns
1974 R75/6

Gritzmore

Can't you report sellers on

Post by Gritzmore »

Can't you report sellers on ebay for this type of thing? I thought they were fairly diligent in addressing issues like this.

emek69

I think it is forbidden for

Post by emek69 »

I think it is forbidden for sellers to accept other means of payment than pay-pal. Check w ebay.
Premo B.
'55 R67/3, '68 R69S; '67 R50/2; '64 R27; '11 R1200RT