If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

lost cousins

thunderbolt

lost cousins

Post by thunderbolt »

can anyone help me find my cousins in germany i have a little info about them thanks kurt

schrader7032

Pretty strange request for

Post by schrader7032 »

Pretty strange request for this motorcycle forum! My first suggestion is that you work through your family to find addresses for them. Beyond that, you could join some of the genealogy tools online and see if they have anything. Ancestry has some address/phone books for most places in the US, although there are not necessarily up to date. I haven't seen much like that for Germany, though.

Good luck!
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

bmw-mechanic

not easy

Post by bmw-mechanic »

hello

this is not easy, at least you need name and the location (city or community) where your relatives live.

if you have this information, it should be possilbe to contact the the city halls (they have the registration offices of the inhabitants), because nearly every community in germany has their own homepage with email address and so on.
but be prepared when they ask in detail for the reason why you want to contact them and maybe they have further questions to you, prove your identity, data protection and so on.

lanquage is mostly not the problem because nearly every german speaks english.

regards

dieter

thunderbolt

lost german cousins

Post by thunderbolt »

yeah thanks will give it a try

thunderbolt

lost german cousins

Post by thunderbolt »

thanks dieter i can try that my father was a german soldier in wwll in a tank and after the war he never really got over germany losing the war so he didnt tell me much about my cousins but now that he has passed i would like to find out about more family that i might have over there kurt siegismund kohler my name is pretty german but i dont speak it im looking for martina kohler and simone kohler i know their father my uncle also passed not too long ago and his name was herbert

schrader7032

I looked through ancestry

Post by schrader7032 »

I looked through ancestry with those names...didn't see anything. Without more information such as a birthdate, death date, city they lived in, etc., it's hard to pinpoint anything specific.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

thunderbolt

lost german cousins

Post by thunderbolt »

well thanks for helping i have tried a few ancestry sites no luck i even paid a professor in germany he got close but just lost the trail so i really have some work to do i guess if i were in germany it would be easier too bad i didnt think of it when i was in the service but you know a young soldier aint thinking about too much but now im older im interested in my kin ill keep yall posted on what happens but now back to bikes it sure is fun to ride my bmw all the looks and people talking to me about it when i take it out for a ride and its only a 76 not even that old kurt