If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

URAL motorcycles

Darryl.Richman

URAL motorcycles

Post by Darryl.Richman »

While I can't answer your question as regards how BMW owners in general feel about it, as moderator I can make a statement about such discussions on this board.

Being that Ural has a certain amount of shared history with the BMW designs, I wouldn't have any problems with discussions that retained some link to their BMW heritage or applicability.

The same goes, for example, with the Zuendapps of the 30s, 40s and 50s, the Harley Davidson XA (or even their short lived, fore-aft boxer twin of the early 20s), the French postwar bikes like the CRC, Ratier and Cemec, the Swiss Condor, the Japanese Marusho and, of course, the Chang Jiang CJ-750.

Really, if there's some relevancy to the BMW aficionado in the discussion, I don't see why any make or model couldn't be brought up. It's the relevancy part that should be maintained.

You'll note that of late IMZ has been advertising in the Vintage Bulletin, so they also seem to think they have somethig in common here.

On the other hand, this is not a Ural board, and I assume that, with the popularity that the Urals are gaining, there must be such a board on the internet. With that in mind, this really isn't the place for discussion aimed solely at the Ural and exclusively for Ural owners.
--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

URAL motorcycles

Post by VBMWMO »

how/what do bmw owners feel towards the URAL mc riders and thier bmw clones/copies of the russian made boxer twin cycle mainly w/sidecars from imz in general
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.