If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Headlight Wiring

schrader7032

Headlight Wiring

Post by schrader7032 »

Jim -

Not sure if anything on Craig Vetter's website would help.

http://www.craigvetter.com/pages/Vetter ... -main.html

I have a Luftmeister on my /7 and prefer the fairing...it came with it (I'm second owner) and I pretty much am a fairing man, so I'll keep it. But there is the additional wiring harness that comes out of the bucket that ends in a connector to hook into the mating connector on the fairing to run to the blinkers and headlight.

Seems to me there would be quite the changeover each time to convert from fairing to no fairing. The headlight has to move from one place to the others as well as the blinkers. There's this daughter harness that either has to be removed or bundled out of the way. If it's put out of the way, you'll have to protect it in a way that it doesn't get corroded or damage the internal headlight components.

Sounds like a lot of hassle to me. I can't even think of how you would "rig" the internals of the headlight bucket to take on type of installation and then quickly changeover to the other. Maybe that's why I live with what I have...but I had a Vetter fairing on my Honda 750 prior to this, so, as I said, I'm pretty much sold on riding with a fairing.

Kurt in S.A
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

VBMWMO

Headlight Wiring

Post by VBMWMO »

I recently picked up a R75/6 that came with a Vetter Fairing. I don't plan on doing any big road trips for a while, and I think it looks better without a fairing, so I picked up a regular headlight and blinkers. When I opened the headlight bucket, it was full of wires that look like they all go to the fairing plug. Is it possible to have a bike wired for use with and without the fairing, or am I going to have to rewire the bike to use a regular headlight? Thanks in advance for the help.
Jim
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.