If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R90S web page

Zeke

R90S web page

Post by Zeke »

A favorite subject! Very nice site, Mr Dean. Wild Green R90.

Your pic didn't come through, Darryl, I would love to see it sometime.

And that model, so very sweet. Gives me plastic lust.

Finally just found a fairing for mine (didn't have one, and now I have three, go figure), and am debating selling the old RS to fund the 90's paint job. Finally got all the mechanical finished and am excited about riding her this spring in the Sierras. Of course if not, I'll just assemble and go, since this bike is sooooo much fun to ride.
Zeke Griffin
'55 R69, '66 A65L, '69 T120R, '69 T100C, '70 Commando,'71 A65L, '74 R90S,'74 T500 (2), '98 FLHTC, '00 R11RT, and a few boxes of various parts awaiting more members of their genus prior to assembly.

Darryl.Richman

R90S web page

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Your pic didn't come through, Darryl, I would love to see it sometime.

Sorry about that. I'm in the middle of changing my web site hosting, and also changing my ISP. The combination means that my site is screwed up for the time being, and probably won't be right again for at least a week. Nothing ever goes as planned.

Good luck with your paint job! Be picky about your painter, the original paint on these bikes is subtle, and a lot of painters don't take the time to understand how it's done.
--Darryl Richman

Zeke

R90S web page

Post by Zeke »

Just stopped by and found that the pic for your "S" is up, Darryl, and wanted to say how beautiful she is. And your orange is just plain stunning, Bruce. I think that if my bike wasn't a '74, I would switch her over to that color scheme. I remember seeing one in the showroom back in the day and just being floored by it (I was already in love with the sliver, but was knocked out with the orange).

Was thinking (dreaming actually) that since somehow I've managed to get two sets of everything, fairing, fenders, tanks etc, I could do both color sets, but what a pain to change them over. And since I don't have access to a spray booth, cost would be prohibitive. But a guy can dream, can't he?

BTW, does anybody know if the R90S club has ever gotten a website going again?
Zeke Griffin
'55 R69, '66 A65L, '69 T120R, '69 T100C, '70 Commando,'71 A65L, '74 R90S,'74 T500 (2), '98 FLHTC, '00 R11RT, and a few boxes of various parts awaiting more members of their genus prior to assembly.

Zeke

R90S web page

Post by Zeke »

Just stopped by and found that the pic for your "S" is up, Darryl, and wanted to say how beautiful she is. And your orange is just plain stunning, Bruce. I think that if my bike wasn't a '74, I would switch her over to that color scheme. I remember seeing one in the showroom back in the day and just being floored by it (I was already in love with the sliver, but was knocked out with the orange).

Was thinking (dreaming actually) that since somehow I've managed to get two sets of everything, fairing, fenders, tanks etc, I could do both color sets, but what a pain to change them over. And since I don't have access to a spray booth, cost would be prohibitive. But a guy can dream, can't he?

Zeke Griffin

Bruce Frey

R90S web page

Post by Bruce Frey »

This sin't tied to the club, but it is a good forum.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/R90 ... d=25164877

/bruce

VBMWMO

R90S web page

Post by VBMWMO »

Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.