If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

OEM side stand

George G

OEM side stand

Post by George G »

My 1969 R60 US with Earles fork (from factory I'm told ?) has a side stand on the stock lug. It does not have a foot of any kind. It has a 13mm I.D. hole at the bottom end (tube stock). It also has piece of flat stock forming a loop of about 25mm welded to the aft side at the bottom of the stand. this appears to have a lug for a spring attached to it as well. I assume that a foot piece slides up into the hole at the bottom. Does anyone know what this is all about?
Thanks!
George

schrader7032

Doesn't sound OEM to me.

Post by schrader7032 »

Doesn't sound OEM to me. There is a stand for the Airheads...not sure which model...that does have a telescoping end so that it is adjustable. I think it's called the Surefoot, sold by Motobins in Europe. I was able to find a picture of one...

http://www.pbase.com/r80ks/image/34136640
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

George G

modified? OEM stand

Post by George G »

Ok, Thanks for commenting. Perhaps this stand has been hacked of and modified. The way that it attaches to the frame leads me to believe it to have been stock. I will simply fab a telescope for this instead of looking for an OEM that does not exist.
George

schrader7032

George...can you post a

Post by schrader7032 »

George...can you post a picture of what you have?
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

George G

side stand

Post by George G »

schrader,
very sorry that I dropped the thread after your last response, I just got the bike on the road and I've been out for a few hundred miles! I will try to provide a picture soon. I have another thread concerning engine noise that you may want to chime in on. Talk with you over there I hope.
george