If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

6.5 gallon sport tank

gregpinch

6.5 gallon sport tank

Post by gregpinch »

Was the 6.5 gallon sport tank for late 60's R60/2 a BMW option or was it a Hoske tank?

I have seen many photos and it looks like a larger version of the standard tear drop shaped tank.
I would like to purchase one for my R60/2.
There is a Hoske 6.5 gallon sport tank on ebay right now. I am trying to determine if that is the right tank or if I should be looking for a BMW tank.

Thanks,
Greg

gregpinch

Oh, just figured it out. So,

Post by gregpinch »

Oh, just figured it out.

So, what is a fair price for the BMW Sport tank?

R.D.Green

Prices on Sport Tanks vary

Post by R.D.Green »

Prices on Sport Tanks vary due, as you might guess, to condition. I've seen them go for a few hundred to as much as, say, $1500 and more. A friend of mine got one on eBay about a year ago for $750 including roundels, petcock, pretty nice paint and striping, and one small dent that he had to point out to me. I think he did extremely well. Go to Vech's site to get an idea of the price of a new unpainted one plus the cost of all the accoutrements. If you go with a Hoske, make sure it will fit your bike. Hoske made several variations.

gregpinch

Thanks for the reply. The

Post by gregpinch »

Thanks for the reply.
The Vech's tank is $1600. unpainted.

I have come across a few so far ranging from restored/repainted for $1400. to an original in perfect condition for $2,000.

I am actually trying to find one that is in need of a paint job as it will be painted with all the other tins on my bike.

If anyone knows where there is one I would greatly appreciate it.

Greg

Zeno Lee

The cost of a new tank with

Post by Zeno Lee »

The cost of a new tank with everything from Benchmark Works is $2500

If you send your tank out to Kent Holt for a complete service - inner lining, painting, pinstriping... it costs from $1000 - $1500.

A used tank I've seen go for $1000 - $1500.

'62 R69S
'65 R50/2
'76 R90/6