If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

need a wiring digram

Hopper

need a wiring digram

Post by Hopper »

Can anyone help me out there, i am looking for a wiring Digram for my 1955 BMW R25/3 having problems and the auto electrican needs one to fix the problem, Thanks :H :H :H :H

:H

schrader7032

There's a wiring diagram in

Post by schrader7032 »

There's a wiring diagram in the owner's handbook, a copy is here; pretty crude though.

http://www.bmw-einzylinder.de/Start/tip ... uecher.php

Better yet, Vech at Bench Mark Works sells an electrical book by Doug Rinckes is IMO is a must for working on these bikes. I used it to verify the wiring on my R25/2. It's in color and has trouble shooting tips as well. Full description of the charging and ignition circuits.

So what's is the problem with your bike? Has it been running and developed a problem or are you putting together something that hasn't run in a long time?
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Hopper

R25/3

Post by Hopper »

Thanks for that,
i am driving it and restoring it as i go, no going at the moment coil is burnt out it will drive for a while then stop and not start again untill it cools down, i am told if i fit a regulator it will solve this problem,

Hopper

Thanks to everyone who help

Post by Hopper »

Thanks to everyone who help me, got everything i needed, will post some photos as soon as i have her on the road again around the by roads of tipperary, Ireland. thanks Again :D =D>