If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Finished!

Bramstedt

Finished!

Post by Bramstedt »

Hello!

New here, but appreciated all the insightful information in helping with my recently completed rebuilt 1966 R60/2. Not concours, but, presentable and functional. Used to Triumphs, I picked this up a year ago. It looked like it had been living in the bottom of a lake (complete with a sissy bar and funky solo sprung seat, tractor? Eh?), but was largely complete. Fired it up for a couple of minutes, shocked it ran at all, before disassembly. Grain and other mouse evidence shot out the pipes, very funny. Stripped it to the frame and over the course of nine or ten months, had it off and running as it is now. Fun little bike, I am rather impressed. Was thinking of selling, but a couple runs around the block banished that thought! Special thanks to Vech who saved me more than once and to the members of this forum. Appreciate the wealth of info!

Thanks,
Brian-
Attachments
sn851207.jpg
sn851207.jpg (74.61 KiB) Viewed 967 times

schrader7032

Glad that was successful!

Post by schrader7032 »

Glad that was successful! Now after all that work, it's time to have some fun!!

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

ScottA

nice!

Post by ScottA »

Good job Brian.
Looks like that one wants to go out for another ride.

-Scott
'61 R27, '63 R60/2 etc.

sminn560sl

Looks Great

Post by sminn560sl »

Brian,

Really good to see yet one more classic BMW saved and back on the road. Having owned both show bikes and daily riders I consider both to have their place, but personally find the riders more rewarding. There's nothing like cruising on a usable machine; kind of a "time capsule" experience. It looks like you've done a great job.

I own British bikes as well. Having ridden BSA's, Triumph's, and Nortons extensively, I still find the BMW to be a special treat. The Brit bikes kind of have a 'rough edged' nature compared to the relatively silky smooth and refined BMW. I hope you enjoy many years of pleasure with this machine.

Steve
Steve in Kentucky
91 BMW K1 (caretaking); 87 BMW R80 (RS); 61 BMW R60/2; 66 BMW R27; 74 R90/6; 59 NSU Maxi; 71 Norton Commando; 71 BSA 250 GP; 66 Triumph TR6R; 61 Norton Manx; 59/61 Triton; 14 Triumph Thruxton