If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R26 Sprung saddle adjusting....

MHSILVERW

R26 Sprung saddle adjusting....

Post by MHSILVERW »

Hi,

I am aware that the saddle on an R26 differs from the 'rubber blocked' mounts on the late (1960's) and /2 twins - having a spring fixing.

From the notes in the forum I can see that you use the lowest hole at the saddle and can adjust the saddle spring a little - maybe in such a way that the backward saddle edge is lifted up a little bit....which may be needed with me being a 'heavier rider!'.

Is there any adjustment elsewhere - on another forum there was a comment that "....fix the screw at the silent block. So the block works as a spring...." - now I must hold my hand up (in an embarrassed sort of way) and say this has got me a little confused, can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Regards

Mark

schrader7032

As far as I can see on my

Post by schrader7032 »

As far as I can see on my R25/2, there's only the one adjustment on the screw for the seat. As for the silent block, you can adjust the upper mount locations and IIRC there are multiple holes on the plate welded to the frame that the block mounts to. The silent block is #10 in this link:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do ... g=52&fg=05

Notice the three holes in the t-bar frame at the top. You can't see it but the bolts at the bottom would align with the holes in the frame plate.

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

thaemlitz3321

My R51/3 & R67 have a single

Post by thaemlitz3321 »

My R51/3 & R67 have a single spring setup. There are the 3 holes to adjust the seat height. You can also disconnect the spring from the frame and turn the eye bolt to give additional spring tension. Not sure if it's the same on the R26.

John