If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Puzzle - How to Remove Intake Valve Cover

Darryl.Richman

Your ex-police bike has seen

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Your ex-police bike has seen some hard use. BTW, have you heard back from your contacts in Montabaur?
--Darryl Richman

schrader7032

German History

Post by schrader7032 »

Darryl -

Yes, I've heard back. An article was written in the local German newspaper and several people have come forward indicating some knowledge of the bike. The editor was going to conduct interviews and get back to me; I'm still waiting to hear from him. Someone sent directly to one of the other contacts in Montabaur a picture which I understand shows him on the left and that the bike is likely mine. Here's the picture. He mentioned they were called "weiße Mäuse" or white mice because of the hats. I have sent this ex-policeman an email (converted to German with google!) asking about some more details. I also asked him what the models of the other bikes were...I'm guessing R51/3 or maybe R67/2...kind of hard to tell.

I'm still interested in finding out the "x" to go in front of my current odometer reading in kilometers - x14390. I feel a trip to Germany in my future!!

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Darryl.Richman

Weißes Mauschen!

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Yours is the smallest of the White Mice. :) There wasn't a really big police force in Montabaur, it would appear. Although it's probably impossible to know, I would guess that the sidecar is an R67/2 and the solo bikes, R51/3s.

Didn't you say that your bike started in Montabaur in 1958? It's interesting that ALL of these bikes are previous generation models.
--Darryl Richman

schrader7032

Yes, the documentation

Post by schrader7032 »

Yes, the documentation indicates that it was assigned there from 1957 to 1970. Prior to that it had Freiburg license plates.

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.