If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Reynolds Ride Off Stand

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
Wriden

Reynolds Ride Off Stand

Post by Wriden »

I’m considering putting a Reynolds Ride Off Stand on my R90S. I had one on a R90/6 years ago and liked it. I still have the stand but not the mounting hardware.

Any suggestions on a source for the mounting hardware? As an alternative I have access to a machine shop where I can make the components if I can get the specifications for the half moon clips and spring mounts.

I am perfectly happy with the stock center stand but at 73 years of age thought I’d give the ride off a try knowing well the pros and cons of the stand.

schrader7032

Re: Reynolds Ride Off Stand

Post by schrader7032 »

Welcome! I have had a Reynolds on my /7 since the early years when I bought the bike used. Probably put it on in the '82-83 timeframe. The stands tend to generate some discussion like tires and oil!! But I would never go back to the stock stand. The bike is more stable on the center stand as the weight is distributed to four points not three like the OEM stand. It's easier to get up and down from the Reynolds. I've never "ridden off" my stand...it puts too much strain on the stand mounting as well as asks from the clutch.

As for parts, I'd say you'll just have to keep your eye on fleaby and craigslist. There is a software tool that can search all of craigslist, not just one city at a time. Some info here on the stands:

https://w6rec.com/reynolds-ride-off-stand/

https://w6rec.com/reynolds-bmw-motorcycle-accessories/

You probably need the model R320 for more info.

Here's a picture of the parts for my stand parts. The grid paper is 1/4-inch squares.
Attachments
Reynolds Mounting Hardware on 1-4 inch grid 2.jpg
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Wriden

Re: Reynolds Ride Off Stand

Post by Wriden »

Thank you for the reply. Your information is very helpful.

I agree about the varied opinions on the ride off stand but I liked mine when I had it on my first /6. I have since owned two more R90/6’s, a R100 RT, K100 RT, a R1100 GS and now a R90S.

I’ll keep searching but should be able to fabricate the parts based on the specs in your picture. I also think I have a place that may be able to make the springs. I’ll let you know.