If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Sparkplug issue

Goro F

Re: Sparkplug issue

Post by Goro F »

Here the video of muffles when the engine is warming up. I switch off soon because now i m busy with other stuff and i cannot run the bike, i don t want damage the engine getting hot.

Goro F

Post by Goro F »

1/2 of throttle
Attachments
IMG_5136.mov
(6.41 MiB) Downloaded 25 times

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

How many times are you kicking it for the compression test? You have to kick it over 5-6 times to reach max reading, the first kick is always a good indicator, but will. It give total reading. If it is that low after 5-6 kicks, then you are going in circles with the carbs, I went through the same thing, it always ended up being the poor compression/ engine sealing. Time to take off the top end and rebuild it!!
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

Goro F

Post by Goro F »

yes…i think so damn.. Who did the job the first time did not a good job.. or even did not anything.

808Airhead

Post by 808Airhead »

I have experienced the same, sloppy piston clearance, and wide ring gaps and bad valve sealing will contribute to this. Buy the next size up piston rings, they have slightly more tension, and you can effectively gap them correctly. The correct size rings sometimes come out if the box with the gap too large! All 5 of my bikes are 1 kick bikes since I have good compression/ timing/ carb setup on all of them. It’s mostly about the compression.
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69