If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Dual disc for a 1976 R90/6.

RideSolo

Re: Dual disc for a 1976 R90/6.

Post by RideSolo »

srankin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:50 am
I just got done looking at the R90x website, very interesting stuff there. St.
Not to try and thread-jack and will try and be brief, but perhaps a little explanation might be in order. My friend w/ a R90/6 is a relatively spirited rider and decided to go w/ the R90X brake setup. Usually the discs and calipers are sold in pairs and if you use the left side set you're stuck w/ a leftover right side disc and caliper. He was going to split the cost w/ me and I planned to do a switch over... I'm not a traditionalist; don't care which side the brakes are on as long as it stops! He handed me the extra caliper and the box w/ the extra disc which he hadn't opened and I put them in w/ the other bike parts. Months later I was preparing to get things going and opened the box to find two disks, both a left and a right. He had paid for a pair and got three. He gave me the extra left disk and I managed to find about the only single caliper on eBay at a very reasonable price, from Bucharest of all places. His right side set will find a home w/ somebody sooner or later. The R90X kit is nice and wasn't difficult to install but taking a recip saw to the fork lower was a sobering event! I'm very pleased w/ it; modern brakes on a vintage ride.
'75 BMW R90/6 "Rocinante"
Cory E.
Bucyrus, Ohio
Retired USAF