If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Who is your go-to parts supplier?

1967 R502

Re: Who is your go-to parts supplier?

Post by 1967 R502 »

1. Vintage Beemer Parts (seems to be mostly the Uli’s catalog but domestic and faster)

2. Max BMW- Bench Mark Works parts, plus the entire BMW parts catalog.

3. Uli’s

4. Mark Huggett… when I want or need absolutely the best quality or unobtainium, Huggett delivers.

r67boxer

Post by r67boxer »

Slash2 wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:45 am
Hey Colin,

I have good luck with Ulis until I don't. Their catalog is a collection of both good and bad quality parts. When I have received inferior parts, they have never stood behind them and mostly don't even respond to emails to the affect. Their shipping rates and speed is pretty good especially when compared to the current rates being charged by Salis. Salis has consistently better parts from what I can tell and much better customer support. But the price of shipping, UPS brokerage fees and international credit cards fees have recently given me pause to place any further orders. My last order from Salis carried a UPS shipping fee of $266 Euros or $286USD. UPS charged me another $88USD in brokerage fees and my VISA card charged me another $109USD in foreign transaction fees which is a new one for me. I was forced to use a backup CC as my primary card which I've always used with Ulis etc would not be accepted by Salis' processor. So this issue cost me over $100. So total delivery for that order came to $483USD and that is more than I've paid cumulatively for the last 6 orders from Ulis. This was not a refrigerator box either but it was a larger order and rather heavy. For comparison I ordered 2 full stainless R69S exhaust systems from Keihan last year and paid about half this price total for delivery. I get that we're busy here building back better and everything has doubled in price but it's hard to justify the benefit of going to direct as it seems the savings are drying up fast.

No one said this was a cheap hobby and it certainly isn't getting any cheaper.
I recently ordered from Salis and had them ship by NL Post rather than UPS. It turned out that NL Post was a bit cheaper and had no brokerage fees etc.. I too have been hit with UPS fees and now refuse to order parts if that is the only choice for shipping. Fees upon fees with UPS.

Kevin

bydabayou

Post by bydabayou »

I use Vintage Beemer Parts in Connecticut. They have most everything, the quality is top notch, and the owner is happy to answer any questions, both about parts, service, specialty tools, whatever. He also offers machine services.

Stiles97

Post by Stiles97 »

Euro MotoElectrics
Euromotoelectrics.com