If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Who has Hans Meier's R68-Zundapp ISDT motorcycle?

R68

Who has Hans Meier's R68-Zundapp ISDT motorcycle?

Post by R68 »

I last saw this about 10 years ago, in Pennsylvania. It's unrestored early serial number R68 with the plunger rear cut off, and with a Zundapp KS601EL rear swingarm suspension, final drive, rear fender welded on. It is said to have been made, maybe as a factory prototype or experiment, for Hans Meier, Georg's brother. I need a photo of the bike, either as it is now, or with Hans or Georg sitting on it.

johnlacko

Re: Who has Hans Meier's R68-Zundapp ISDT motorcycle?

Post by johnlacko »

It still exists, and has been in a collection in Connecticut for the last 25+ years. I don’t believe that the owner is a member here, but I can get him a message if need be. Here is a photo of the bike back in the 1950s, and a shot from the last time I saw in in 2021. Sorry I don’t know why photos here often post sideways - they are not like that on my computer.
IMG_1984.jpeg
IMG_1985.jpeg

Slash2

Post by Slash2 »

Shame that a bike with such history appears to be languishing, neglected in a shed.
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

C.Sandbach

Post by C.Sandbach »

johnlacko wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:00 am
It still exists, and has been in a collection in Connecticut for the last 25+ years. I don’t believe that the owner is a member here, but I can get him a message if need be. Here is a photo of the bike back in the 1950s, and a shot from the last time I saw in in 2021. Sorry I don’t know why photos here often post sideways - they are not like that on my computer. IMG_1984.jpegIMG_1985.jpeg
WOW John- What a neat piece of history! Would love to restore this one.