If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Ultrasonic cleaner

mcsherry1328

Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by mcsherry1328 »

I am looking at an ultrasonic cleaner. I have no personal experience with one and am interested in buying one. Wondering if you have any recommendations ?
Looking online there are dozens. Thanks, Michael

schrader7032

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner

Post by schrader7032 »

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

RideSolo

Post by RideSolo »

I can't give you too much info on specific brands, but I can highly recommend using an ultrasonic cleaner. The one I use is a bit on the small side but I picked it up at a second hand store just to try and I've been very happy with it. It isn't quite big enough for a Bing carb body but most other stuff I've put into it have come out very nice. I've seen many recommendations for using Simple Green but I really can't stand the smell of that stuff so I've been using PineSol (Dollar store brand works fine) with a few drops of Dawn dish soap. My little unit will only cycle for up to six minutes so I usually put my parts through several cycles. A friend of mine has also successfully cleaned larger pieces with an improvised cleaner made from a plastic storage bin duct taped to a vibrating electric pad sander. I think that if you find one that has the capacity you need at a decent price you'll probably be happy with it. For the most part I've found the customer feedback/comments at Amazon and other places to be relatively trustworthy.
'75 BMW R90/6 "Rocinante"
Cory E.
Bucyrus, Ohio
Retired USAF

mcsherry1328

Post by mcsherry1328 »

Thanks for the reply. That helps a lot. I have seen a number of units that will work for me size wise. I will try one out.
Always appreciate the tips on this vintage site.

Edwardwatson

Post by Edwardwatson »

Thank you for sharing an extremely useful article. I will listen and update the latest information from the next articles.
Omegle online