If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Cycle World Magazine

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"Todd Trumbore"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Cycle World Magazine

Post by "Todd Trumbore" »

BTW , I forgot to mention we are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the R90S here (Pennsylvania) in September.  Along with all the other guests,  I'm trying real hard to bring in Robert Lutz, who was the originator of legendary R90S. A master marketing genius who had the foresight to see that BMW needed some sizzle in their lineup to stir interest and promote sales.Lutz's bright vision, HansA Muth's stunning and creative design work, along with a team of engineers saved the day for BMW Motorrad. When Butler & Smith decided to fund a racing program and win the Superbike Championship in 1976 with the R90S, that also open a lot of eyes and increased sales across the board. They did this by bringing in Udo Gietl as head of the racing program and Todd Schuster as his machinist/fabricator.Then hired racers, Reg Pridmore, Gary Fisher and Steve Mclaughlin. Reg Pridmore was the Superbike Champion in 1976 and I had him here back in 2014 along with Gary Fisher, Udo Gietl, Todd Schuster and Tom Cutter to help us celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the R90S.This September HansA Muth, Udo Gietl and Tom Cutter will be here once more along with fellow racers, Steve Mclaughlin and GP legend "King of the Ring" Helmut Dahne.Plus, as I stated early, I have been working hard on bringing in Robert Lutz, head of global marketing for BMW at the time and whose vision and inspiration created the R90S.There are still a couple of tickets left, but I wouldn't wait much longer, because this is a very intimate gathering at a private residence.  This indeed is an extremely rare opportunity to listen to their presentations, meet them personally and grab an autograph or two...they will pretty much sign anything you present in front of them.Lots more planned. Hope yo see you here!https://4motorrader28.ticketspice.com/b ... rsaryHappy Motoring,Todd Trumbore motorrader@verizon.net 
 Re: [R90SWORLDNET] Cycle World MagazineRoger that and Roger this:https://4motorrader28.ticketspice.com/b ... ersaryHope to see you here Roger!Happy Motoring,Todd Trumbore Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone