If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

What to do

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"Kirk Lee"

What to do

Post by "Kirk Lee" »

Supposedly on Thursday, I will receive both my 74 and 76 R90s.
It has been almost 7 years since I have last seen them.  The agreementfor my 65th birthday was to have the 74 Restored and I would give the 76 to the mechanic.
Called the shipper, and he ferried both bikes to Washington State where the Mechanic started a newsupervisor job and a dealership.  His vision was to have time during the evening and weekend to work on them andit would take a year.
One year led to another and another, another move back to Az, another date promised.  Another job change, another date promised, and more sad stories.
Now, the restoration now sits in boxes of parts, the engine case is painted black, and all the new parts are notso new any longer. I haven't seen the bikes since they rolled into the shipper's truck, plus boxes of parts.
A threat earlier this year to report them stolen now has built a fire to get the parts back to me this week.  It was supposedto be last week. 
I have lost my passion for the 90s, at 74 my riding years on a 90s is no longer possible.
I have a Heinrich and a regular tank, freshly painted. The cockpit, fenders, and 3/4 seat are all painted.
I weighed my options.  Sell as a package, build on, and/or part out a little at a time. 

Attachments
147612279.2895512.1681867210854_Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 6.19.51 PM.png

"Dennis Grossman"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] What to do

Post by "Dennis Grossman" »

Hi Kirk
Very sorry to hear of this sad saga, and that you did not get to enjoy this
restoration!
I have recently had my 75SS repainted and plan for a few more years of good
riding. I would be interested in the Heinrich tank as well as your seat if
you want to part these out.
Best regards,
Denny Grossman
Auburn, CA

Attachments
CABt4jFa3_zV+Jzn0q==0rQcXfoqc=D=ihKWsbONHXAwkbzJMXA_Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 6.19.51 PM.png

"Peter McMahon"

Re: What to do

Post by "Peter McMahon" »

First, very sorry for what you’ve gone through. I believe the greatest loss is the loss of your love and passion for these bikes. This obviously has soured you and regardless how you recoup your money, ridding yourself of that feeling is the challenge. I realize you’ve spent a lot of mental energy on this but once you get the parts, maybe take some time to figure out how to recoup some positivity out of this. If you were to find someone close that wants to take these over and complete them so you’ll be able to share in that person’s excitement and pleasure as he (or she!) brings them back. Maybe if you can sell them locally or to someone you have a connection to or be able to develop a connection.

No doubt you want to recoup as much money as you can. Hopefully you can do it in such a way that you also recoup some of the mental and emotional energy this person cost you as well.

Or, buy a keg or two, a pile of bar-b-q, and announce a tech day! Or 4-5 tech days.

And whoever this person is, I’d out them. Too often I see where people have a bad experience yet do not feel comfortable naming the incompetent person.

"Kirk Lee"

Post by "Kirk Lee" »

I will see what is here Thursday or when it gets here.  
Maybe I will have the motors and transmission built and slowly put one together.

Attachments
1213861500.3216913.1681964489277_Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 6.19.51 PM.png

"Dennis Grossman"

Post by "Dennis Grossman" »

Hi Kirk
That would be great if you still want one to ride.
Where are you located, as I am sure some one in the group can direct you to
a more reliable mechanic who is close to your location.
Denny

On Wed, Apr 19, 2023, 9:21 PM Kirk Lee via groups.io <kelgroup=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

> I will see what is here Thursday or when it gets here.
>
> Maybe I will have the motors and transmission built and slowly put one
> together.
>
>
>
>
Attachments
CABt4jFZtoFES42N9LzndRrRHZBi78uB0Qggvn1MdjTOb6FDE9Q_Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 6.19.51 PM.png

"Josh Withers"

Re: What to do

Post by "Josh Withers" »

My offer stands to get this stuff to my engine and tranny guy here in SoCal. Let me know and we can work it out. He’s open to it.