If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Re: new R90S owner

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
"Randolph Bush"

Re: new R90S owner

Post by "Randolph Bush" »

Congrats from sunny Cali too.

www.katdash.com = LED instrument lights; huge upgrade over stock bulbs.

Ran Bush
Nor Cal
'75 SS R90S
If you forward this correspondence, PLEASE delete the forwarding
history, which includes my email address, or use the Blind CC option.
Erasing the history or using Blind CC helps prevent Spammers from
mining addresses and sending viruses. It is a courtesy to me and
others who may not wish to have their email addresses sent all over
the world!

"Solon Molcho"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] new R90S owner

Post by "Solon Molcho" »

Congratulations from sunny Athens, Greece.
To my opinion the bike doesn't need any upgrades, except the battery. Just make sure that the standard equipment functions properly, and if not, replace it with a new standard part. It's a privilege to be able to find anything needed, and original. You can't do that with other brands, where parts are impossible to find. It is an additional reason to buy a classic BMW as it is easy to maintain. My personal view is that it is fun to ride the bike and feel it like it was meant to be ridden. If you don't have ridden an old bike, at first just be careful with the brakes and the handling. And if you don't like the overall experience, then you could buy a modern bike, maybe second-hand, and it would be much cheaper.
Regards,Solon

cdp888@gmail.com

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] new R90S owner

Post by cdp888@gmail.com »

Hi All from Brooklyn NYC,

New (bought it back in September 2020) owner of Ken Claus’s 1975 R90S Silver Smoke.

So far I’ve added Krauser luggage, changed out all fuel lines, battery cables, replaced ATE twin master cylinder, lines and cables for a NOS unit (that was hard as hell to find).

Purchased but not yet installed: EME Enduralast charging system (newest version plug & play), Progressive front springs, EZ pull clutch helper, and the Katdash LED dash light harness, and full steering damper assembly and cartridge.

Love the bike, rides like an old Airhead but as I’ve learned on past Airheads, if you keep tweaking it eventually it’ll feel like you’re favorite old pair of jeans to ride.

Cheers,
Chris Perry