If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R90S seat pan

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
sri_nair@rogers.com

R90S seat pan

Post by sri_nair@rogers.com »

Hi all, I was intending to replace the seat foam and cover on my seat and had a rude surprise with the condition of the seat pan. The repair would probably cost enough that I should consider a whole new seat. So I'm reaching out to the group in the hope that someone may have a seat pan in decent shape for sale.

Thanks
Sri Nair
Toronto, Canada

"Doug Raymond"

Re: [R90SWORLDNET] R90S seat pan

Post by "Doug Raymond" »

By coincidence a fellow in Albuquerque just wrote that he has a seat pan, free to a good home except for shipping cost. But it’s from an R69S and not in great shape. I have no idea if it would fit.

More details and his contact info if you have any interest, email me at douglas.t.raymond@gmail.com <mailto:douglas.t.raymond@gmail.com>

Doug

rockersbmw@gmail.com

Post by rockersbmw@gmail.com »

FYI- A R69S is a /2 of the 1960s and will not fit a R90S of the 1970s

Bob Alexander

sri_nair@rogers.com

Re: R90S seat pan

Would anyone know if the Corbin seat pan for the R90S will work with the foam made for the stock seat? I've got an old Corbin seat that I'm hoping will work. It is made of some kind of hard plastic.

sri_nair@rogers.com

Re: R90S seat pan

I'm going to go with the option that will allow me to ride soon. My mechanic is also a welder and he's going to make the existing seat pan work maybe for another 5 years! Thank you all for your input. Much appreciated.

Sri

"OLD BMWS"

Post by "OLD BMWS" »

Sri,
I have an original R90/6 seat pan in very good condition and the original factory molded foam rubber that's in useable condition.
If you're interested feel free to contact me offline at oldbmws@yahoo.com
Ted