If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R60/2 rear fender mounts

Allan.Atherton

Re: R60/2 rear fender mounts

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... question about the webs that are welded to the rear shock "towers?" for mounting the rear fender as well as the seat.
This bike has a Schorsch Meier seat that has the mounts bolted between the fender and these webs. The webs are actually bent so that one of the holes will accomodate the seat mount while the other one is flush with the fender.
I would like to know if this is correct before I send the off?... If the bends work well with the present bench seat, and you are going to re-use that bench seat or get a new bench seat, then leave the bends alone.

If you are going to change to a solo seat, straighten the bends now.

VBMWMO

R60/2 rear fender mounts

Post by VBMWMO »

Hello to all! I am very pleased to be the new owner of a 1969 R60/US, and am starting a frame up restoration.
I am getting ready to send the frame off for powder coat, but have a question about the webs that are welded to the rear shock "towers?" for mounting the rear fender as well as the seat.
This bike has a Schorsch Meier seat that has the mounts bolted between the fender and these webs. The webs are actually bent so that one of the holes will accomodate the seat mount while the other one is flush with the fender.
I would like to know if this is correct before I send the off?
Thanks in advance!

George G
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.