If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

The knowledge base first post

Armand

The knowledge base first post

Post by Armand »

Hey, new member here. I just bought a 75 r9 that sat on a porch for 7 years. I hate to see a neglected bike. The aluminum parts are very corroded. I was looking at the knowledge base and found several posts on cleaning aluminum, but I can’t seem to look at the member responses to the post. How can I see the responses?

schrader7032

Re: The knowledge base first post

Post by schrader7032 »

Welcome to the forum! You mention a '75 R9...did you mean something like an R90/6?

I'm not sure what you mean by finding posts in the knowledge base but can't read the responses. I think you probably want to go to the search box in the upper right and enter a short term that you're looking for, then hit the magnifying search button. Depending on your search terms, that will bring up a number of posts and all you need to do is click on the title for any of the posts which takes you into the thread. You will see the specific post that has the search item you were looking for, but you can navigate up or down to read additional responses.

The Knowledge Base link isn't an active area of member discussion but rather a collection of information and other links to specific subjects of owning a BMW motorcycle.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Armand

Re: The knowledge base first post

Post by Armand »

Thanks Kurt. I tried it again and the replies to the initial question are now there. Onward!